Gifts from Corporations, including EITC eligible gifts, provide approximately one-fifth of all Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia direct revenue support in a typical year. Partnerships with businesses also provide us with unique opportunities to expose students to a variety of industries and career fields as they explore their paths to and through college.
Corporate Donations and EITC
Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia is on the list of Educational Improvement Organizations approved for the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program offered through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania’s EITC program awards tax credits to businesses that make contributions to educational improvement organizations or scholarship organizations. Tax credits: Are equal to 75% of a company’s contribution up to a maximum of $750,000 per taxable year; Can be increased to 90% of the contribution, if business agrees to provide same amount for two consecutive tax years. For more information, please contact Breakthrough’s Director of Development (Bruce Bekker, firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-261-6706) or review our short Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) PowerPoint.
What is EITC?
The PA Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) is a PA Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) program that provides state tax credits to eligible businesses for charitable contributions. Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia is approved as an Educational Improvement Organization (EIO) under the EITC program.
Any organization which pays:
- Personal Income Tax
- Capital Stock/Foreign Franchise Tax
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Bank Shares Tax
- Title Insurance & Trust Company Shares Tax
- Insurance Premium Tax (excluding surplus lines, unauthorized, domestic/foreign marine)
- Mutual Thrift Tax
- Malt Beverage Tax
- Retaliatory Fees under section 212 of the Insurance Company Law of 1921
How to apply
EITC guidelines and applications can be found here.
Career Day Sponsors
Become a Career Day Sponsor
Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia invites you to make a difference in the lives of our college-bound youth this summer by welcoming them into your workplace for a one-day career exploration experience. Career Day creates a unique chance for our students to learn what it takes to achieve success in a 21st century workplace, and to identify potential fields of interest.
What are the Goals of Career Day?
- Raise our middle school students’ awareness in the multitude of careers and professional opportunities available to them
- Increase knowledge of academic requirements necessary to pursue these careers
- Expose students to professionals and role models in fields they may be interested in pursuing
- Educate students about the skills required to be successful in a 21stcentury workplace
Why should your company get involved?
- To expose students to career opportunities and help them recognize the breadth of careers in various industries
- To contribute to the development of Philadelphia’s future workforce
- To become a positive role model for Philadelphia’s youth
- To gain public exposure for your business
Our 7th, 8th, and 9th grade students will come prepared to learn about your organization and the career opportunities available. The most successful Career Days include a tour of the company office or facility, as well as an opportunity to meet people from a variety of job positions and departments. We respectfully ask that you plan to provide lunch for the small group that will be visiting. Our students will appreciate anything from pizza in your lunchroom to a trip to a local restaurant.
We appreciate you taking time to consider supporting our students as they work toward successful futures.
Do you want to see your company logo on a Breakthrough t-shirt or your banner at our annual Breakfast with Breakthrough Champions? There are many opportunities for corporate sponsorship, big and small, at Breakthrough. Contact Dr. Robbin Smart, Executive Director, for more information.